Welcome to our website...
RELIABLE HOME INSPECTIONS, LLC
4326 Swan Drive, Valdosta, Georgia 31602
John R. Schmidt, CRI - Owner/Operator
NAHI Certification 2006167
"What you don't know can hurt you!"
Reliable Home Inspections, LLC is a licensed inspection business in the Valdosta, Georgia area. I am certified by the National Association of Home Inspectors [NAHI] and have the experience of over 2,000 residential and commercial inspections. These credentials assure that my clients receive a professional inspection by a well qualified and experienced inspector. The CRI designation [certified real estate inspector] is the highest honor that can be achieved as a member by the National Association of Home Inspectors. It had to be earned through a rigorous examination administered in Atlanta, GA under NAHI supervision after completing a minimum of 250 inspections in accordance with NAHI Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics. I am proud to have achieved that distinction.
My inspection business comes from many sources such as mortgage lenders, builders, attorneys, investors, real estate companies, the internet and yellow pages but most importantly from word of mouth from my previous inspection clients. Because of this diversity of business referrals, I am able to pledge my complete loyalty to each of my clients and to them alone.
My inspection service extends beyond the Valdosta area to an approximate 50 mile radius of Valdosta. I inspect new construction, pre-owned homes, manufactured homes, light commercial properties, condominiums, and apartment buildings. Conventionally listed real estate, for sale by owner [FSBY], investment property, repossessions and foreclosures are all common in my inspection business.
I have conducted numerous inspections for military clients who were stationed at locations such as England, Germany, Alaska and Hawaii through use of the internet.
A home is comprised of a large number of major systems or components as well as minor components that are included in the inspection. The NAHI standards of practice are used to define the duty, conditions and limitations for each inspection and may be viewed at www.nahi.org. [Light commercial inspections are defined by the ASTM E-2018-01 guide for property condition assessment].
The following list broadly outlines the major systems and components that are inspected:
- ROOF STRUCTURE, ROOF COVERING
- FOUNDATION & UNDERSTRUCTURE
- ELECTRICAL SERVICE, PANELS AND DEVICES
- PLUMBING & HOT WATER HEATER
- HEATING & COOLING SYSTEMS
- CHIMNEY & FIREPLACE
- TRIM, FASCIA, SOFFITT, & SIDING
- KITCHEN & APPLIANCES
- WINDOWS & DOORS
- PORCHES, COVERED PATIOS & DECKS
- GARAGE & GARAGE DOOR (S)
- GUTTERING & FLASHINGS
- SAFETY ISSUES
Color digital pictures are taken for every inspection and are used to illustrate a defect or deficiency that is brought forward in the report and clients are always encouraged to be present.
THE INSPECTION REPORT
The Inspection Report is completed on computer in narrative form so that each issue is discussed individually rather being given a handful of check sheets for you to interpret. Most issues are illustrated with a color photo to assure that it is well communicated to all the parties involved. The narrative section, photos and other data collected are used to develop the unique report for your prospective home.
All of the Inspection Summaries include a general comments section that lists the age, size, condition and manufacturer of the major systems such heating and air, plumbing, electrical, structural, roof cover, siding, and insulation/ventilation, etc. This is done so that you have the most information possible about those systems and components that may incur significant repair/replacement costs going forward even though they are currently functioning normally.
The inspection report is emailed to you typically the same day of the inspection. The report has four parts that include the narrative report with photos, general comments, additional information regarding the inspection and a copy of the pre-inspection agreement.
CLICK HERE FOR AN INSPECTION REPORT EXAMPLE
A pre-inspection agreement is standard protocol for any knowledgeable and reputable inspector. This agreement provides the client[s] with important information regarding the home inspection so that the client understands what to expect from the inspection. It also provides him or her with the opportunity to ask questions prior to the inspection itself.
CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE PRE-INSPECTION AGREEMENT
WHY SELECT ME AS YOUR INSPECTOR?
- I have a 30 year back ground in the maintenance, design and operation of systems and components equal to and much more sophisticated than those found in a home
- I achieved the certified real estate inspector designation from the National Association of Home Inspectors in 2006 and have been a member of this nationally respected home inspection organization since 2005 (www.nahi.org). These organizations require me to complete continuing education each year to maintain my certification and membership. Their publications and member resources keep me informed on the latest information regarding home construction and related topics
- I achieved certified status from the Home Inspection Foundation online in 2005 through an online exam
- I have sub contracted one complete home and personally built several large buildings including the plumbing, electrical and roofing components of the structures. Docks, boat houses, decks, and other smaller structures are to numerous to list
- I have had an article published in a national home inspection magazine publication
- My business has stood the test of time as a home inspector in the Valdosta area for close to 7 years and I have performed more than 2,000 residential and commercial inspections. My business has continued to grow even in the hard economic times we have faced because of my loyalty to my clients, passion for my work and good reputation. I have never compromised my ethics by doing repair work behind one of my inspections or making my inspection business a sideline to something else
- My reports are emailed the same day of the inspection with color digital photos. It is in narrative form rather than a handful of check sheets so that all parties can understand the issues and the information is disseminated as quickly as possible
- I have traveled to many multiple day training seminars to receive advanced home inspection training in cities such as Orlando, FL, Montgomery, AL and Atlanta, GA. I completed a 100 hour course in Home Inspection offered by Allied Business School in 2005. I have established a reference library in my office on many subjects regarding home inspection and have the National Association of Home Inspectors as an information resource
- I have a Bachelors degree in Business Management from Valdosta State University that has helped me to be a better communicator in my reporting and take an analytical approach to my inspections
- I can usually schedule an inspection within 24 hours and deliver the report within that same time frame
HOW MUCH DOES AN INSPECTION COST?
The cost of an inspection can vary depending on several major factors but cost alone should never be the single determining factor in your choice of an inspector. Choosing the best qualified rather than the lowest cost inspector is a much better approach to making a selection when the amount of your investment is taken in to consideration. I accept cash, checks, money orders and all of the major credit cards. The other factors that should be considered are:
- Meaningful certification and current membership in a nationally recognized home inspection organization such as NAHI or ASHI. Membership can be verified at www.nahi.org
- Years of experience in the inspection business and number of inspections performed
- Prior back ground experience that provides a foundation for inspection
- No conflicting interests such as after inspection repair or services
- Proper types of home inspection insurance coverages such as professional and general liability policies
Please call or email me for a free quote
Reliable Home Inspections, LLC
4326 Swan Drive
Valdosta, GA 31602
"What you don't know can hurt you!"